Yay!!!!!! My internet is finally working!!!!!!! I figured i'd better do this before it goes out again for a while. Don't worry.....we are going to get our own internet soon!!! Well, life is pretty good here in Vegas!!! Still as hot as ever, but that's why i'm glad i work in a nice air conditioned building and live in a nice air conditioned house!!!!

I had my first day at the Venetian a week ago wednesday! It was really scary, but it was a good time! And......i didn't get lost!!!! Yipee!!! I just went in for a few hours just to get my feet wet and then right after i went to Massage Envy and did 5 massages!!!! Long day! But it was good. I then got a strange, but very welcome, phone messeage from one of the counselors of my bishopric back home in Utah and he said that he was inviting me to a BBQ that the bishopric was having for all the couples that got married while they were serving---cuz they would be released soon...........I had to listen to the message again to make sure i heard him right......married couples?.......did he know something i didn't? Haha!! So i called him back and asked him if it was really for married couples or if he just made a mistake in calling me and he said that there was another Carrie in the ward that got married and he got us mixed up!!!! I thought it was quite funny!!! But i did find out that they were going to be released in 2 weeks!!! That made me sad, cuz i was thinking they would be released around the end of August beginning of September and i was kinda planning on going back to Utah and seeing them before they got released. Well, i was thinking one night and i realized that the Venetian hadn't put me on the books yet and Massage Envy had already taken me off the books cuz i would be at the Venetian. So i talked with my boss at the Venetian and she said that since i wasn't on the books yet that i could have the weekend off and they would start me the following weekend!!!! What a miracle!!!! Now i could go to Utah and see everyone!!!!! I also realized that the ward was going to be up in Flaming Gorge that weekend and thought that it would be really fun to go up and suprise everyone!! So, i left for Utah on Thursday the 7th and drove to Jill and Dave's house and stayed the night there. The next morning i went and got some blonde highlights in my hair by my friend Stacee, who is going to cosmetology school. Yup, i think i will slowly go back to blonde!!! Anyway, after i got my hair done, i took off for Flaming Gorge!!!!! Yes, i know......i'm nuts for driving so much.......i did consider all the driving i was about to do, but i thought it would be worth it. So, i eventually made it and made my suprise appearance!!!!! It was at that very moment, all the driving was TOTALLY worth it!!!!! It was so great to see everyone's faces and double takes!!!! It was awesome!! So i stayed the night up there.....i just slept in my car---which was actually quite comfortable---and then got up early the next morning to catch the early morning skiing--or in my case, kneeboarding---Thanks to Jill and Dave for letting me borrow their kneeboard!!!! Wow, that was alot of random sentences i just put into one!!! :) It turned out to be the best trip ever!!! So i drove back to my good ol home in Bountiful and stayed the night there and then i went to church the next morning and it was such an emotional day!! The Bishopric and their wives gave their final talks and testimonies. It was so great!!! I have LOVED this bishopric!!! They are such amazing men and they have such strong testimonies!! I will really miss them!! I didn't find out who will be the next bishop, cuz they weren't going to be released until the next sunday. So, i went home after church and finished up a little gift i was going to give the bishopric and their wives. Nancy, Jill, Dave and the kids then came up to Brad's house and we all had dinner that night, so it was good to see them again!!! Afterwards, i went and stopped by the Nish's house, cuz Brady, Jonathan's brother, got home from his mission on the 6th, but he was out with friends, so i didn't get to see him!!!! Oh well. It was so good to talk to Mel and Jeff!!! I hadn't seen them in a long time!! Then on Monday i delivered the gifts to the bishopric and then met up with another friend, Jessica Richardson, for lunch, then made the mighty trip back to Vegas!!!! It was just a short trip home, but i have to say, that i truely needed it!!!! It made me feel so good that i got to say good-bye to the bishopric and tell them how much i appreciate all that they did for me. Most of all, it was so good to see family and friends! I consider myself to be so incredibly blessed to have such amazing people in my life!!!! How did i get so lucky?!? So, thank you to all of you that made that visit the best ever!!!!

So, this past week has been good and busy!! I worked at Massage Envy on Tuesday and Wednesday, had Thursday and Friday off and then went to work at the Venetian on Saturday and today, Sunday! So, I found out that my really good friends, Daniel and Ginger, were coming down to Vegas to audition for Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian!!! So, they came down on thursday, but they were tired and wanted to get sleep for their audition in the morning, so i went hung out with my other friend from Utah, Gamyr, who was down here doing the lights for a Kenny G show!! We went to the Bodies Exhibit at the Luxor!!!! It was so amazing!!!! For those who may not know, this is a place where they have muscles and bones of actual human bodies on display! Alot of them are in positions, like one is throwing a football, shooting a basketball, etc. It was really interesting to me, as a massage therapist to see all the muscles and actually see where they attach and everything!! Loved it!! Then we went to a place called the Burger Bar and we got something to eat. I got something called a chocolate burger!!!! It was so cool!!! The chocolate was very rich, but it was so creative how they made it. They took a donut--without the hole--and cut it in half for the "bun." Then the "patty" was a piece of fudge cut in a circle, the "pickles" were slices of strawberries and the "cheese" was a square piece of passion fruit in jelly form--really interesting!! Then they had a mint leaf for the "lettuce." It was really fun!! I should have taken a picture, but i didn't. Next time!!! Ok, have to go, but i will finish later......hopefully---if my internet was working!!! Take Care!!!

0 comments: